Home Instagram Instagram – Your picture perfect secrets 2016

Instagram – Your picture perfect secrets 2016

written by gregor January 1, 2016

Instagram the most popular photo sharing platform has over 400 million active users. Starting New Year 2016 how about taking your Instagram pictures to the next level by make them really standing out from the crowd.

Here are some really cool and easy editing tips and tricks. Let’s get started!

Studies show that Instagram engagement increases on pictures that are:

1. Brighter  (+24%)
  2. Perspectives (+20%)
  3. Single dominant colour (+18%)
  4. Lower Saturation (+15%)
  5. High texture/sharpness (+25%)

Download Snapseed and VSCOCAM

Snapseed and VSCOCam are both free photo editing Apps you can download from the App store to your mobile. (both Android or iOS)

SNAPSEED EDITING

Once you opened a picture use first “Tune Image” and check out all the various editing options you have. When you press and scroll the screen up and down, you have different menu choices. For most photo, increase “Brightness”(10 -35%)  and lower “Ambiance”  (5-18%) and the photo looks much more cleaner. Then go to “Details” and increase “Structure” (10-15%) and increase “Sharpening” (7-20%)  that the photo gets a more crisper and sharper “DSLR like” touch.

VSCOCam FILTERS and EDITS

Transfer the photo to the VSCOCam App.  Once you open the app, you can choose  of several VSCOCam filters. (There are free filters but VSCO offers you the possibility to purchase additional filter-packs in the In App-Store. For this particular photo, I choose “HB1” filter . Most popular VSCOCam filters are  A5 , M5, F2,  Hyperbeast (HB1+HB2 paid)  and S1+S2+S3 (Bright and Clean, paid). Click the “Tool” button on the right and change Exposure (+1 or +3) ,“Contrast” (+1 or +2)  and “Sharpen” (+1 or +2)  Then save the edited photo on your photo album.

INSTAGRAM EDITS

Finally upload your picture to Instagram and make your final edits. If you like add an Instagram filter to give your picture the final look. Then  adjust here “Brightness”Contrast”, “Structure”  and “Sharpen” all a little bit (+5 to +20)

Voila! Here you go!

How do you edit your Instagram photos? Please let me know by leaving a comment below. Many thanks!

You may also like

15 comments

Lukas Elias Winkler January 3, 2016 at 20:18

Great blogpost with really interesting informations 🙂 Thanks for sharing !

gregorsideris January 3, 2016 at 20:19

Thanks Lukas ✌️

Vienna’s 8 most beautiful places for winter photography – The Vienna BLOG January 24, 2016 at 07:10

[…] Snow in Vienna! What else can be so exciting when the streets and public parks are covered with elegant white snow. For those who are keen to capture these magnificent places here are some tips and and recommended spots in Vienna. Hint: Get up early in the morning as the morning blue light its magnificent and Vienna’s streets and landscape are still covered all over with snow. If it is cold and snowing make sure you bring extra battery or a mobile charger for your smartphone with you as your battery will drain out fast. For Instagram editing tips please see one of my earlier Blogpost. […]

Deepa January 24, 2016 at 10:41

Great tips! I appreciate that you shared the percentages you use—if you go over a certain percentage it can really look painful to the eyes.
Thank you so much for sharing!

gregorsideris January 24, 2016 at 13:59

Appreciate your feedback

Epepa March 12, 2016 at 09:12

Thanks for this post, it’s cool that you share your knowledge with us!

gregorsideris March 12, 2016 at 12:04

It’s been a pleasure ! Thanks for the nice comment! Appreciate a lot! Have a great weekend

gregorsideris March 12, 2016 at 12:09

You have a great Blog and wonderful picture of Vienna! I just had a look! For some reason I cannot comment on your blog, but wanted to let you know that’s is great read

4 Top inspirations from the Creatives Forward Festival in Vienna – The Vienna BLOG – Lifestyle & Travel Blog in Vienna May 2, 2016 at 06:57

[…] one of my previous posts I shared my Top photography editing and Instagram tips.  For a long time I struggled to find a tool that enables me to record, cut and edit videos fast […]

carlyhulls May 31, 2016 at 21:49

Excellent tips! I’ve been experimenting with Enlight photo editing but may need to switch back to VSCO and snapseed ‘cos your pics and tips are so lovely! Thanks for sharing:)

gregorsideris June 1, 2016 at 07:27

Hello Carly! Thanks for your wonderful comment. I have to say I do experiment with also many photo editing apps and there are many excellent in the market. (Including Enlight). Always so much to explore especially on the filter apps there seems to be so much choices now so very hard to decide what to use. I see you have also very nice pictures so happy to see how things progress on your blog. Have a wonderful day! Greg

Fabiolla July 4, 2016 at 13:51

I love your pictures 😀

gregorsideris July 6, 2016 at 10:35

Many thanks Fabiolla! Really appreciate your feedback! Have a wonderful day!

Top 5 reasons to love Instagram Stories – The Vienna BLOG – Lifestyle & Travel Blog in Vienna August 7, 2016 at 09:17

[…] on a plane here: cherriesandbanana .With all the filters and photo-editing Apps (see my Blog post “Instagram you picture perfect secrets”) it can take some time to upload your pictures perfectly edited for your audience.  share your […]

Top 5 inspirations for colorful autumn photos – The Vienna BLOG – Lifestyle & Travel Blog in Vienna September 11, 2016 at 07:06

[…] I have summarized the photo Editing Tips in THIS Blogpost (Click) […]