Last Updated on July 21, 2022 by gregor
Today, travelers from all around the world rely on their smartphones and other smart devices to help them navigate their trips. Not only are these applications a great source of inspiration, but they offer an easy platform for you to book hotels, flights, restaurants, and so much more.
To help you out we have listed down the Top Google Travel applications that will offer you the ultimate travel planning experience. An easy way to help you plan and organize your next great trip, so you can focus on having fun. All Google Apps are available for Android or Apple
Traveling to a new city or country is extremely exciting, but it can be a great source of stress when you have lost your way. However, with the help of Google Maps, you can now easily stay on top of things.
To help you out we have listed down a plan you can follow using Google Maps for your next trip.
Plan your Trip Route
– you can now use Google Maps to plan your road trip route, and the map will automatically show you the fastest and most convenient route there is – also on multiple stops on the road (Android & iOS).
Idea finding with Google Maps
Share your Location & Route
– If you are traveling with friends, you can now share your location and route using Google maps. They can easily follow your route or locate you.
Offline – If you have downloaded maps offline, you can view and review them without any cellular connection. We advise that you download them in advance, so you do not have to keep driving around searching for signals.
Popular Places – With the help of Google maps you can easily view how busy the place is, and simply avoid rush hours and popular times if you wish to
Best Spots recommendation
– Google Maps will be able to recommend places in town based on reviews that have been collected from locals and other visitors.
Everyone loves to go on vacation, but some of us hate the planning process and the amount of work that goes into it. As a simple weekend away could be a lot of long hours of planning.
Fortunately, with the help of Google Travel you can now plan your entire journey in a short amount of time, so you can enjoy your trip.
Here you will be able to manage all your travel information, and it will automatically systemize itself. Furthermore, you can organize your day, and it even works offline. In addition, you can check events near you, and you can even customize the entire thing.
The most uncontrollable event when on a trip is the last-minute changes. With the help of Google travels, you can now easily keep up with last-minute changes, and even share the changes with your friends.
Here are a few other things Google Travel has to offer
– Keep a track of all your reservations and events in one place, that can be shared with your travel buddies.
Last Minute – Auto Sync
There is no need to worry about last-minute changes, as it will automatically sync your reservations from Gmail.
– Now, you can easily reserve bus, tram, and train tickets using Google travels.
– You can now be inspired by other travelers, and follow in their footsteps.
Download for offline usage
– Once you have downloaded your trip offline, you will easily be able to keep a track of your events and their location.
We take thousands of vacation photos, and then store them someplace we don’t remember. You can easily sync your pictures on the go by setting up a Google Photos account.
In addition, Google will save the location the image was taken, and try to figure out what it is.
This way you can specifically search for the best burrito you ever had, simply by searching for “food”, date, place, and even people! The Application is easy to use and will not cause you any trouble.
You can search using different terms, and Google will come up with the perfect results each time.
In addition, the application will put your photos together, and even allows you to create GIFs, and panoramas.
Moreover, you can easily store as many images as you like, but they will be resized to save space. However, you can buy a monthly payment plan, and store images in full size.
Google Translate is the best translation application there is, as it offers you free-of-charge services that can be accessed from anywhere around the world. Once you have set it up, you can easily use the application, and here is how you can set it up:
Use WiFi to download and set up Google Translate on your device. The application is free to download and use both on iPhones and Android devices.
You will need space for the language file unless you are fine with using data on roaming. The file is large and will take up a chunk of space.
Once your application is downloaded, you need to set your primary language and choose the languages you will need to use during your trip.
Choose all the languages you will be using and download the files.
Do not just tap the name of the language, you will be required to download it so you can use it offline.
If you download other keyboards, you will be able to take the help of natives, as they type in the comment, it will automatically translate to your native language.
This is a great application that will make your trip so much easier, as you will not be required to go around looking for someone who can speak English. You can easily explore the city as it was meant to be explored.
Google Arts & Culture
This is the global arts & culture application (Android and iOS) you have been waiting for all your life, as it will help you find what you are looking for. You can search for a specific piece, ear, or even color. In addition, the application offers complete details on the piece and its history, as you view them. However, the application offers you so much more, such as:
– The Google Arts & Culture application includes a daily digest, that showcases different artists, artwork, culture, artifacts, and more. This includes featured projects and even stories of the day. These can be based on topics such as specific exhibitions, and natural history. Mostly these selections include videos, photos, and even virtual tours. Along with all the information, you might need on the topic at hand.
– Now, using the application you can create your own collections, and save your favorite works, so you can view them later or add them to your collection. Here you can even get easy and fast access to exhibits you enjoy and can categorize the works that inspire you. In addition, you can categorize them according to topic or color.
– The application allows you to get up close and personal with the piece of artwork, without having the security escort you out of the building. All you have to do is zoom in, and you will be able to view all the details there is. The pictures are so high quality, that you can even follow the brush strokes and the thickness of the paint. Finally, a way to touch and feel the painting so you can take it in.
– All you need is a VR Set and you can easily enjoy a virtual tour of the historical sites and landmarks you love but never got the opportunity to visit. If you enjoy architecture, you can now enjoy the great details and history of the space along with the art it holds. The tour will help you see the place without any restrictions, so you can take all the time you need to take it in.
– The application works with almost every museum and allows you to see the space without spending a single dime on transportation. It might not be able to match the feeling of actually being somewhere, but you will be able to take in the entire space as you are there. In addition, to the views and details, you will have complete access to what is new, museum timings, and other important details that might interest you when you visit the museum. In addition, Google is running an “Art Recognizer” feature in some museums, which allows you to search for the image of the painting and get all the information you might need on it.
With the help of these five ultimate and free-to-use applications from Google, you can easily make your trips enjoyable, and easy. Download them now, and set up your next great trip, so you can finally be a step ahead of any changes, routes, events, or anything important that might concern you during the trip.
In wonderful cooperation with Google Austria
Photo Credits (C) google