Last Updated on May 22, 2023 by gregor
As a travel blogger in Prague, I am thrilled to share with you the top 10 best Prague classical music concerts that will transport you into the world of beautiful melodies and timeless compositions. Prague, known as the “City of Music,” is renowned for its rich musical heritage and vibrant classical music scene. Whether you are a devoted classical music enthusiast or simply seeking a cultural experience these concerts are a must-see during your visit to Prague.
Best Prague Classical Music Concerts
Among the standout performances is the Classical Concert in St. Nicholas Church where the stunning baroque architecture creates a mesmerizing backdrop for enchanting music. For a diverse repertoire that showcases both world and Czech music the Prague St. Martin concert is a perfect choice. Immerse yourself in the soothing sounds of jazz at the Art Restaurant Mánes or indulge in the magical atmosphere of a Christmas concert at St. Martin in the Wall Church.
The Prague classical music scene offers unique venues such as the Spanish Synagogue where you can enjoy a concert amidst the stunning Moorish Revival architecture. Experience the lively ambiance of the Reduta Jazz Club or embark on a memorable jazz cruise along the Vltava River. For a touch of elegance, the Mozart Ballroom Concert at Lobkowicz Palace accompanied by a delectable 3-course dinner is a treat for all the senses.
Enhance your cultural journey in Prague with a visit to the Hybernia Theatre where the enchanting ballet performance of Swan Lake awaits. Each of these concerts promises an unforgettable evening of musical brilliance and cultural immersion.
Plan your Trip to Prague?
Prague: Classical Concert in St. Nicholas Church
- Immerse yourself in the exquisite sounds of classical music in the awe-inspiring St. Nicholas Church.
- Experience the grandeur of Baroque architecture while listening to talented musicians perform timeless compositions.
- The concert showcases the works of renowned composers bringing their masterpieces to life.
- Enjoy the rich acoustics of the church which enhances the beauty and depth of the music.
- This concert offers a culturally enriching experience in the heart of Prague’s historic center.
Prague, St. Martin: The Best of World & Czech Music
- Discover a harmonious blend of world and Czech music in the enchanting St. Martin Church.
- Experience a captivating performance that highlights the diversity and cultural heritage of Prague.
- Talented musicians showcase their skill and passion through an eclectic repertoire.
- The intimate setting of St. Martin Church creates an immersive and intimate concert experience.
- This concert is a celebration of music’s universal language and its ability to connect people.
Prague: Jazz Show and Dinner at Art Restaurant Mánes
- Immerse yourself in the vibrant rhythms of jazz while savoring a delectable dinner at Art Restaurant Mánes.
- The jazz show features talented musicians who bring energy and passion to the stage.
- Experience the fusion of traditional and modern jazz styles in a contemporary setting.
- Indulge in a culinary delight with a carefully crafted dinner menu, complemented by the music.
- This concert and dinner combination offers a memorable and enjoyable evening in Prague.
Christmas Concert at St. Martin in the Wall Church
- Celebrate the magic of the holiday season with an enchanting Christmas concert at St. Martin in the Wall Church.
- Experience the warmth and joy of traditional Christmas carols performed by talented musicians.
- The concert program includes both familiar favorites and lesser-known gems.
- The cozy and intimate atmosphere of the church enhances the festive spirit of the performance.
- This concert is a wonderful way to embrace the holiday season and create lasting memories in Prague.
Prague: Classical Concert in the Spanish Synagogue
- Immerse yourself in the enchanting ambiance of the Spanish Synagogue while enjoying a classical concert.
- The synagogue’s stunning Moorish architecture creates a unique setting for a memorable musical experience.
- Renowned musicians perform classical compositions, showcasing their skill and artistry.
- The concert highlights the rich cultural heritage of Prague and its musical traditions.
- This concert offers a captivating blend of history, architecture, and music.
Prague Concert at Reduta Jazz Club
- Experience the lively and soulful sounds of jazz at the famous Reduta Jazz Club.
- Talented jazz musicians create an electric atmosphere with their improvisation and musical prowess.
- The club’s intimate setting allows for an up-close and personal experience with the performers.
- Enjoy a diverse repertoire that spans various jazz styles and eras.
- This concert is a must-visit for jazz enthusiasts and those seeking a vibrant nightlife experience in Prague.
Prague: Live Jazz Cruise with Optional Dinner
- Embark on a scenic jazz cruise along the Vltava River while enjoying live jazz music.
- Take in the breathtaking views of Prague’s landmarks as the music sets the mood.
- Talented jazz musicians create a captivating ambiance with their melodic improvisation.
- The cruise offers an unforgettable combination of music, scenery and relaxation.
- Enhance your experience with an optional dinner on board, featuring delectable Czech cuisine.
Prague: Mozart Ballroom Concert Ticket with 3-Course Dinner
- Step into the elegant world of Mozart with a ballroom concert and a delightful 3-course dinner.
- The concert takes place in a beautiful ballroom, reminiscent of Mozart’s era.
- Talented musicians perform Mozart’s renowned compositions with grace and precision.
- Indulge in a culinary experience with a delicious 3-course dinner served during the concert.
- This concert perfectly blends classical music, fine dining, and a historical ambiance.
Lobkowicz Palace Ticket & Audio Guide
- Explore the fascinating Lobkowicz Palace and gain access to its rich musical heritage.
- The audio guide provides insightful commentary on the palace’s history and its significant music collection.
- Learn about the Lobkowicz family’s patronage of renowned composers and their contributions to music.
- Admire the opulent interiors of the palace while discovering its musical treasures.
- This activity provides a unique opportunity to immerse yourself in Prague’s musical legacy.
Prague Hybernia Theatre: The Best of Swan Lake Tickets
- Witness the timeless beauty of Tchaikovsky’s Swan Lake ballet at the Prague Hybernia Theatre.
- Experience the grace and elegance of the dancers as they bring this beloved masterpiece to life.
- The Hybernia Theatre provides a stunning venue with excellent acoustics and sightlines.
- Be captivated by the emotive storytelling and breathtaking choreography of Swan Lake.
- This performance promises an unforgettable evening of artistry and enchantment.
Prague offers a vibrant and captivating classical music scene with a range of exceptional concerts that are sure to delight music enthusiasts.
Whether you prefer the grandeur of St. Nicholas Church or the intimate setting of the Spanish Synagogue Prague’s classical music concerts provide a unique and memorable experience. From the soulful melodies of jazz at Reduta Jazz Club to the enchanting ballroom concert at Mozart’s era each concert offers its own charm and allure.
The Lobkowicz Palace and Prague Hybernia Theatre showcase the city’s rich musical heritage and provide an immersive cultural experience. Attending these top 10 classical music concerts in Prague allows you to not only enjoy world-class performances but also appreciate the city’s architectural gems and historical venues.
Whether you are a fan of classical compositions or prefer the improvisation of jazz Prague has something to offer for every music lover. Do not miss the opportunity to immerse yourself in the magical world of Prague’s classical music concerts and create lasting memories.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQS)
Prague has a rich history of classical music concerts, and there are many famous pieces that have been performed in the city. Some of the most famous classical music concerts in Prague include:
Mozart’s Don Giovanni at the Estates Theatre
Bach’s St. Matthew Passion at St. Nicholas Church
Dvořák’s New World Symphony at the Rudolfinum
Smetana’s Ma Vlast at the Municipal House
Prague has a rich music history and is known for being a hub for classical music in the 18th and 19th centuries. The city has been home to many famous composers such as Mozart, Dvořák, and Smetana, and today there are still plenty of venues where you can hear live music performances. The Prague National Theatre, for example, hosts both opera and ballet performances, while the Municipal House is home to the Prague Symphony Orchestra. You can also visit ornate churches and concert halls throughout the city for various classical music concerts. Not only is Prague known for classical music but it has also been a significant location for the development of jazz in Europe.
There are many venues in Prague where you can see concerts. Some popular options include the O2 Arena, the Prague Congress Centre, and the Tipsport Arena. Other venues include Roxy, Lucerna Music Bar, and Forum Karlín. Additionally, outdoor concerts are often held in parks and squares throughout the city.
The Prague Spring Festival is an annual classical music festival that takes place in Prague from mid-May to early June. The festival features performances by world-renowned orchestras
Prague has a rich music history and is known for being a hub for classical music in the 18th and 19th centuries. The city has been home to many famous composers such as Mozart, Dvořák, and Smetana, and today there are still plenty of venues where you can hear live music performances. The Prague National Theatre, for example, hosts both opera and ballet performances, while the Municipal House is home to the Prague Symphony Orchestra. You can also visit ornate churches and concert halls throughout the city for various classical music concerts. Not only is Prague known for classical music but it has also been a significant location for the development of jazz in Europe. The city hosts a jazz festival each year in October where visitors can enjoy both traditional and avant-garde performances. Prague is a destination for music lovers with various concerts and performances happening throughout the year.
The Rudolfinum is the oldest concert hall in Prague, built-in 1876. It was originally designed as a multi-purpose cultural center, with a hall for concerts and a museum of Czech art. The name of the Rudolfinum comes from the Archduke Rudolf of Austria, who laid its foundation stone. The building itself is an architectural masterpiece of the neo-renaissance style, with elements of classicism and Jugendstil. It is located in the heart of Prague and has two main concert halls, Dvořák Hall and Suk Hall, named after two famous Czech composers. The Dvořák Hall is one of the most beautiful concert halls in the world, famous for its excellent acoustics. It has hosted countless concerts and performances by world-renowned musicians and orchestras over the years. Today, the Rudolfinum is the home of the Czech Philharmonic Orchestra and is known as one of the most prestigious concert venues not only in Prague but also in Europe.
Plan your Trip to Prague?