Last Updated on May 14, 2023 by gregor
Welcome to Prague, a city filled with endless activities and attractions that will captivate every tourist. In this article, we will explore the top 10 best activities and attractions in Prague ensuring you have an unforgettable experience in the city.
As a travel blogger in Prague, I am thrilled to share valuable tips and insights to help you make the most of your visit. Whether you are a history enthusiast, art lover, or foodie, Prague has something to offer for everyone.
Immerse yourself in the rich history of Prague by exploring iconic landmarks such as Prague Castle, Charles Bridg and Old Town Square. Marvel at the stunning architecture and feel the charm of the medieval streets.
Indulge in the vibrant cultural scene of Prague by attending classical music concerts, opera performances, and ballet shows. The city is renowned for its world-class performances and historic concert halls.
Discover the local cuisine by visiting traditional Czech restaurants and savoring delicious dishes like goulash, trdelník and Czech beer. Do not miss the opportunity to try the famous Czech pastries and explore the lively farmers’ markets.
Explore the intriguing museums and art galleries that showcase the rich heritage and artistic talent of Prague. From the National Gallery to the Mucha Museum there is a wealth of art and history to discover.
Take a leisurely boat cruise along the Vltava River and admire the breathtaking views of Prague’s skyline. Capture stunning photos of the city from various viewpoints like the Prague Castle or Petřín Tower.
With this comprehensive guide to the best activities and attractions in Prague, you can plan your itinerary and make the most of your time in this enchanting city. Get ready for an unforgettable experience filled with culture, history and culinary delights. Let’s dive into the top 10 activities and attractions that will make your visit to Prague truly memorable.
Plan your Trip to Prague?
Best Activities and Attractions in Prague
We will explore the top 10 best activities and attractions in Prague, curated especially for tourists seeking memorable experiences.
Embark on a 50-minute sightseeing evening cruise along the Vltava River taking in the breathtaking views of Prague’s illuminated landmarks. Indulge in a medieval dinner with unlimited drinks immersing yourself in the ambiance of a bygone era. Explore the grandeur of Prague Castle with a knowledgeable local guide marveling at its architectural splendor.
Experience the magic of a Vltava River night cruise with a sumptuous buffet, sailing under the starlit sky. Step into the world of illusion at the Illusion Art Museum and be captivated by mind-bending exhibits. Venture beyond Prague with a trip to Kutná Hora and its famous Ossuary where you can explore the eerie beauty of a chapel adorned with human bones.
Climb the Petřín Lookout Tower for panoramic views of the city and get lost in the Mirror Maze. Discover the history and heritage of Prague’s Old Town and Jewish Quarter on a guided tour conducted in German. Immerse yourself in the captivating performance of Black Light Theater Srnec a unique art form that combines visual illusions and storytelling.
Do not miss the opportunity to visit Kutná Hora on a half-day tour exploring its historical sites and admiring its Gothic architecture. Prague offers a plethora of activities and attractions that will leave you spellbound and wanting more. Join us as we uncover the best of Prague and create unforgettable memories.
Prague: 50-Minute Sightseeing Evening Cruise
- Cruise along the Vltava River, admiring Prague’s iconic landmarks illuminated in the evening.
- Enjoy panoramic views of Prague Castle, Charles Bridge and the Old Town from the water.
- Relax on board with comfortable seating and an open-air deck to capture memorable photos.
- Live commentary in multiple languages provides insights into the city’s rich history and culture.
- Perfect for capturing the romantic atmosphere of Prague while cruising under the starry sky.
Medieval Dinner with Unlimited Drinks
- Immerse yourself in the medieval era with a feast fit for a king or queen.
- Indulge in a traditional Czech meal accompanied by unlimited drinks.
- Be entertained by live performances, including music, dancing and jousting.
- Experience the ambiance of a medieval tavern adorned with period decor.
- An evening filled with merriment and culinary delights, transporting you back in time.
Prague Castle: Tour with Local Guide and Entry Ticket
- Discover the largest ancient castle complex in the world steeped in history and architectural splendor.
- Join a knowledgeable local guide who will provide fascinating insights into Prague Castle’s significance.
- Explore the impressive St. Vitus Cathedral, Golden Lane and other notable sites within the complex.
- Gain access to areas not open to the general public and learn about the castle’s royal past.
- A must-visit attraction that offers breathtaking views of the city from its elevated position.
Vltava River Night Cruise with Buffet
- Embark on a delightful evening cruise along the Vltava River, soaking in the city’s magical ambiance.
- Indulge in a delectable buffet dinner featuring a wide array of Czech and international cuisine.
- Admire the illuminated Prague Castle, Charles Bridge and other iconic landmarks from the water.
- Enjoy live music on board, creating a romantic and captivating atmosphere.
- A memorable way to experience Prague’s beauty while savoring delicious food and drinks.
Prague: Illusion Art Museum Ticket
- Enter a world of optical illusions and mind-bending artwork at the Illusion Art Museum.
- Be amazed by interactive exhibits that challenge your perception and trick your senses.
- Explore rooms filled with mesmerizing 3D paintings and optical illusions.
- Capture fun and creative photos that play tricks on the eye.
- An engaging and unique museum experience that will leave you questioning reality.
From Prague: Kutná Hora and Ossuary Tour with Kids Free
- Take a day trip from Prague to the UNESCO-listed town of Kutná Hora.
- Visit the famous Sedlec Ossuary, also known as the Bone Church, adorned with human bones.
- Explore the stunning Gothic architecture of St. Barbara’s Church and the historic city center.
- Enjoy the convenience of a family-friendly tour where kids can join for free.
- Learn about the rich history and cultural heritage of this medieval Czech town.
Petřín Lookout Tower and Mirror Maze Entry Ticket
- Ascend the Petřín Lookout Tower, a mini replica of the Eiffel Tower for panoramic views of Prague.
- Challenge yourself in the Mirror Maze, where reflections create a fun and perplexing experience.
- Take a leisurely stroll through the beautiful gardens surrounding the tower.
- Capture breathtaking photos of Prague’s skyline from the observation deck.
- An enjoyable activity for families, couples and individuals looking to admire the city’s beauty.
Prague: Old Town and Jewish Quarter Guided Tour in German
- Join a guided tour conducted in German and delve into the captivating history of Prague’s Old Town and Jewish Quarter.
- Explore the atmospheric streets, charming squares, and iconic landmarks of the Old Town.
- Visit the historic Jewish Quarter, home to the Jewish Museum, synagogues and the famous Old Jewish Cemetery.
- Gain insights into the rich Jewish heritage and the significant events that shaped Prague’s history.
- An informative and engaging tour that highlights the cultural and historical treasures of Prague.
Prague: 1.5-Hour Black Light Theater Srnec Performance
- Immerse yourself in the captivating world of Black Light Theater, a unique form of theatrical art.
- Be mesmerized by a visually stunning performance combining black light effects, dance, and illusion.
- Experience a seamless blend of storytelling, humor and enchanting visuals.
- Engage with the performers as they bring imaginative characters and scenes to life.
- An unforgettable cultural experience that showcases Prague’s artistic creativity.
From Prague Kutná Hora Half-Day Tour with Entry Fees
- Take a half-day excursion from Prague to Kutná Hora, a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
- Visit the magnificent St. Barbara’s Church and admire its Gothic architecture.
- Explore the historic center of Kutná Hora and learn about its silver mining past.
- Discover the Italian Court, a former royal mint and residence of Bohemian kings.
- Enjoy the convenience of included entry fees allowing you to fully immerse yourself in the town’s attractions.
Best Things to Do and See In Prague
Prague, the capital city of the Czech Republic is renowned for its stunning architecture, rich history, and vibrant cultural scene. With so much to offer here are some of the top things to do and see in Prague:
- Visit Prague Castle: Explore the largest ancient castle complex in the world, marvel at its Gothic architecture, and enjoy breathtaking views of the city.
- Stroll across Charles Bridge: Walk along this iconic 14th-century bridge adorned with statues and enjoy the lively atmosphere with street performers and artists.
- Explore the Old Town Square: Admire the Astronomical Clock, take in the stunning architecture of the Gothic Týn Church and enjoy the vibrant atmosphere of this historic square.
- Discover the Prague Astronomical Clock: Witness the medieval clock’s hourly show and admire its intricate craftsmanship.
- Take a Vltava River Cruise: Relax and enjoy a scenic cruise along the Vltava River taking in panoramic views of Prague’s landmarks.
- Visit the Jewish Quarter: Explore the historic Jewish Quarter including the famous Old Jewish Cemetery and the Jewish Museum.
- Enjoy Prague’s Music Scene: Attend a classical music concert in one of the city’s stunning venues such as the Municipal House or the Rudolfinum.
- Explore Prague’s Parks: Spend time in the beautiful parks of Prague such as the Letná Park or the Vrtba Garden and enjoy picturesque views of the city.
- Indulge in Czech Cuisine: Sample traditional Czech dishes, such as goulash, svíčková and trdelník, and wash it down with a glass of Czech beer.
- Experience Prague’s Nightlife: Discover the city’s vibrant nightlife scene, with trendy bars, clubs, and live music venues to suit all tastes.
With its captivating blend of history, culture, and beauty Prague offers a truly unforgettable experience for visitors.
Whether you are exploring its historic landmarks, immersing yourself in its art and music, or indulging in its culinary delights Prague has something for everyone to enjoy.
Prague offers an array of fascinating activities and attractions that cater to different interests and preferences. From scenic river cruises to immersive cultural experiences, there is something for everyone to enjoy in this captivating city. The top 10 best activities and attractions highlighted in this article provide unique opportunities to explore Prague’s history, architecture, art, and more.
Whether you choose to embark on a sightseeing cruise along the Vltava River, indulge in a medieval dinner with unlimited drinks, or marvel at the illusions in the Art Museum, each activity promises a memorable experience. Exploring Prague Castle with a knowledgeable guide, visiting the Petřín Lookout Tower for panoramic views, and discovering the charm of the Old Town and Jewish Quarter are must-see highlights.
Additionally, the Kutná Hora and Ossuary tour, the Black Light Theater performance, and the Kutná Hora Half-Day tour offer glimpses into Czech history, art, and culture outside of Prague’s city limits.
By participating in these activities and attractions, visitors can create lasting memories and gain a deeper appreciation for the rich heritage and vibrant atmosphere of Prague. So, whether you’re a history enthusiast, an art lover, or simply seeking unique experiences, make sure to include these top 10 activities and attractions in the Prague itinerary for an unforgettable journey.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQS)
Prague has many must-see attractions, including Prague Castle, Charles Bridge, Old Town Square, the Astronomical Clock, St. Vitus Cathedral, and the Jewish Quarter. These are some of the top attractions that tourists should not miss.
The best things to do in Prague include visiting the many attractions, walking around the city and taking in the view of the city, exploring the castle complex, crossing the Vltava river, enjoying the Czech cuisine, and trying the local Czech beers. Prague also has many art nouveau and baroque buildings to admire.
The best time to visit Prague is during the spring (March to May) or fall (September to November) when the weather is mild and there are fewer tourists crowding the city. Summer can get quite hot and crowded, while winter can be very cold.
Some of the best experiences to have in Prague include visiting the Prague Zoo, seeing the Dancing House, taking a river cruise on the Vltava, visiting the Spanish Synagogue, and walking around Mala Strana (Lesser Town) to see its beautiful architecture.
Plan your Trip to Prague?