Last Updated on February 22, 2023 by gregor
Are you looking for the Best Wine Tasting in Vienna? I have got you covered.
I have been fortunate enough to have taken several wine-tasting tours in Vienna and Vienna is definitely one of my favorite places to experience some of the best wines Europe has to offer. The romantic atmosphere and stunning views make it the perfect destination not only for wine connoisseurs. I can honestly say that these experiences foster a real love and appreciation for the world of wines. In addition, you can also check the 15 Best Food Tours in Vienna here
So if you’re looking for the best wine tasting in Vienna – look no further!
Here are the 20 of my favorite Wine tours in Vienna, guaranteed to make your visit even more special
Vienna: Hidden Wine Cellars Tasting Experience (2 hours)
- Join a guided tour of Vienna and enjoy tasting 3 local wines of the area
- Gain access to historic, hidden, and non-public wine cellars of the city
- Try the authentic local delicacies of Vienna at almost every stop
- Learn about the history of Viennese wine while exploring the cellars
- Discover the underground of Vienna with a small group
Take a guided tour of Vienna and explore the hidden gems of the city, including its historic and non-public wine cellars. On this tour, you will have access to some of the finest local wines Vienna has to offer while learning about its rich history of winemaking. As you explore the cellars with a small group, you will also be able to try some authentic Viennese delicacies at almost every stop. This is an amazing opportunity to discover the underground wonders of Vienna while tasting some amazing wines and enjoying delicious food.
I really recommend this Tasting Tour. Check availability and Pricing here
Grape Grazing: Wachau Valley Winery Biking Tour (9.5 hours)
- Bike through the Wachau Valley
- Visit small family-owned wineries and the famous Domäne Wachau
- Learn about the region’s fascinating history and culture from your guide
- Explore Dürnstein, a UNESCO World Heritage Site, or hike up to the castle ruins where Richard the Lionheart was once imprisoned
- Cool off in the River Danube
Experience the beauty of the Wachau Valley with a biking tour from a local winery. You’ll get to explore some of the small family-owned wineries and the famous Domäne Wachau, learning about the region’s fascinating history and culture from your guide. Dürnstein, a UNESCO World Heritage Site, is also part of the tour, as well as an optional hike up to the castle ruins where Richard the Lionheart was once imprisoned. The Grape Grazing Wachau Valley Winery Biking Tour is perfect for anyone looking to experience Austria’s unique wine culture while soaking up some gorgeous scenery and heritage sites.
I love this Wachau Valley Winery Tour. Check availability and Pricing here
Vienna: Guided Wine Tasting in a Private Wine Cellar (1 hour)
- Taste 3 typical Viennese and Austrian wines in a family atmosphere
- Learn all about Viennese wines and local culture from a private wine expert
- Get access to a hidden non-public wine cellar and hear about Roman history
- Top it off with a tasting of Austrian delicacies made by regional producers
Experience a unique guided wine tasting in a private wine cellar in Vienna. Enjoy the family atmosphere and taste 3 typical Viennese and Austrian wines with an expert from the area who will explain all about their history, culture, and production processes. Discover the hidden secrets of a non-public wine cellar and hear fascinating stories about its Roman history. To top it off, savor delicious Austrian delicacies made by local producers. This is an extraordinary way to experience the city’s culture and learn more about its wines.
Family Atmosphere & Exclusive Private Wine Tasting Tour. Check availability and Pricing here
From Vienna: Half-day Countryside Wine Tour with Meal (5.5 hours)
Experience the beautiful countryside surrounding Vienna on a half-day wine tour with a friendly, English-speaking host. Visit two or three of the family-owned wineries in the Weinviertel Wine Region and enjoy the ambiance as you taste 4 glasses of quality wine at each location (for a total of 8 to 12 glasses). Meet with the local winemakers and learn about their history before completing your experience with a traditional lunch or dinner. Travel in small groups for an intimate and enjoyable experience that will make for perfect memories along with some delicious Austrian wines.
- Visit 2 or 3 family-owned wineries in Weinviertel Wine Region, near Vienna
- Enjoy the countryside ambiance over 4 glasses of quality wine at each location (8 or 12 glasses total)
- Meet with the local winemakers, learn about their history
- Complete your experience with a traditional dinner or lunch
- Travel in small groups with your friendly, English-speaking host
Beautiful Countryside ambiance visiting Family Owned wineries Check availability and Pricing here
Vienna: Schlumberger Wine Cellar Guided or Self-Guided Tour
The Vienna Schlumberger Wine Cellar Guided or Self-Guided Tour is a unique opportunity to explore the secrets of winemaking and champagne production. Visitors get the chance to take a look behind the scenes and experience the art of making bubbly drinks. They will discover the cellar and uncover its history, which dates back to 1842 when it was founded by Johann Jakob Schlumberger. During the tour, visitors also get the chance to “hand-riddle” some of the precious bottles in order to unravel its secret and learn more about their contents. After finishing their exploration, they can choose between three different tasting sets depending on their preferences. Therefore, this tour provides an amazing insight into the wonderful world of winemaking.
- Take a look behind the scenes and experience the art of making champagne
- Discover the cellar and the history of Schlumberger which dates back to 1842
- Get the chance to “hand-riddle” the precious bottles and unravel their secret
- Choose between three different tasting sets after the tour
Discover the secrets of wine and Champaign production. Check availability and Pricing here
Vienna: Wine Tasting at Traditional Cellar (40 min)
Exploring the traditional Viennese culture and its wines is an absolute must when visiting Vienna. If you are looking for a unique experience, why not try wine tasting at a traditional cellar? You will get to taste three fine Austrian wines in a cozy ambiance of an old-style Viennese cellar. What’s more, you will be served delicious Viennese spreads and wine snacks, all while listening to live Austrian music starting at 7pm. This is the perfect way to get in touch with the culture of this amazing city and its wines. Whether you’re alone or with friends, it’s certain to be a memorable experience!
- Taste three fine Austrian wines
- Cozy ambience of traditional Viennese cellar
- Delicious Viennese spreads and wine snack
- Live Austrian Music at 07:00 PM
Cozy ambiance with Live Austrian Music! Check availability and Pricing here
Vienna 4-Hour Food Tour (4 hours)
The Vienna 4-Hour Food Tour is the perfect way to experience local specialties in one of the most beautiful cities in Europe. Start your day at a traditional Viennese coffee house, and enjoy an authentic cup of coffee with a pastry. Then head to the popular Naschmarkt to sample a variety of Austrian products, including cheese, bread, chocolate, and sausages. After working up your appetite, take a guided walk through Vienna and try some of the city’s best food and drinks like a local. Along the way you’ll visit some of Vienna’s iconic landmarks such as St. Stephen’s Cathedral and many other hidden gems. The tour includes stops at several restaurants where you can enjoy delicious dishes prepared by top chefs using only fresh ingredients from local producers. Whether you’re looking for an adventure into Viennese cuisine or simply want to enjoy some quality time with friends or family, the Vienna 4-Hour Food Tour is the perfect way to do it!
- Start the day at a traditional Viennese coffee house
- Visit the popular Naschmarkt to sample a variety of Austrian products
- Eat and drink like a local on a guided walk through Vienna
Eat and drink like a Local! You will love it! Check availability and Pricing here
Premium Wachau Valley Day Tour with Wine Tasting (9 hours)
The Wachau Valley Day Tour with Wine Tasting is a great way to experience the beauty of Vienna. One of the highlights of this tour is visiting the town of Dürnstein, a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Enjoy a cruise along the Danube River from Spitz to Melk, and have lunch at a typical wine tavern (at your expense). Sample local Wachau Valley wines at family-owned wineries, and try other local delicacies such as apricot jams and liqueurs. This day tour provides an incredible opportunity for travelers to experience Vienna’s culture and history in an up close and personal setting. Whether you are looking for an educational experience or just want to relax with some wine tasting, this tour is sure to provide you with all that you need!
- Visit the town of Durnstein, a UNESCO World Heritage Site
- Enjoy a cruise along the Danube River from Spitz to Melk
- Have lunch at a typical wine tavern (at your expense)
- Sample Wachau Valley wines at family-owned wineries
- Try other local delicacies such as apricot jams and liqueurs
Beautiful Wachau Valley with boat tour included. Check availability and Pricing here
Vienna: Winery and Wine Tasting Tour with a Wine Expert (2-3 Hours)
A private wine tasting tour in Vienna with a 5-star wine expert is the perfect way to experience some of the best wines Austria has to offer. On this tour, you’ll learn all about Austrian wine and Viennese vineyards, visiting two stylish wine bars or wineries in the Old Town. The 2-hour option includes tasting four original Austrian wines, including red and white, while the 3-hour option adds five glasses of wine with appetizers as well as an Old Town tour. With these tours, you can fulfill your ultimate dream of being a sommelier for an afternoon!
- Go on a private wine tasting tour in Vienna with a 5-star wine expert
- Learn all about Austrian wine and Viennese vineyards
- Visit 2 stylish wine bars or wineries in the Old Town
- Taste 4 original Austrian wines, including red and white on the 2-hour option
- Enjoy 5 glasses of wine with appetizers and an Old Town tour on the 3-hour option
5-Star Wine Expert Tour! Be a sommelier for an afternoon! Check availability and Pricing here
Vienna: Traditional Vienna Tasting Dinner With Folk Music (1 hour)
A Traditional Vienna Tasting Dinner with Folk Music experience is the perfect way to discover the flavors of old Viennese Cuisine. The dinner takes place in a traditional Vienna Wine Cellar and includes a 3-course tasting menu accompanied by an aperitif and a glass of local fine wine, draught beer or soft drink. As part of the experience, there will be a traditional Austrian folk music performance during the dinner. This is an opportunity to immerse yourself in the culture and atmosphere of Austria while enjoying some delicious cuisine and drinks. For those looking for something unique and special, this is definitely an experience to consider!
- Have a tasting menu in a traditional Vienna Wine Cellar
- Discover the flavors of the old Viennese Cuisine
- 3 course tasting menu accompanied with aperitif and glass of a local fine wine/ draught beer or soft drink
- Traditional Austrian folk music performance during the dinner
Austrian Folk Music during the dinner! Check availability and Pricing here
Vienna: Wine Tasting E-Bike Tour (4 Hours)
Experience Vienna in a whole new way with a wine tasting e-bike tour! Explore the beautiful banks and rolling hills along the Danube River, immersing yourself in the romance of the local wine region while learning about its rich history. Visit the 900 year-old Klosterneuburg Abbey and enjoy a guided tour of its stunning grounds before sampling Viennese wines directly from producers in its rustic wine cellar. Complete your day with a leisurely ride on an e-bike along Danube Island, taking in spectacular views of this unique natural area. With this fantastic tour you’ll be able to explore Vienna’s hidden gems, learn about its rich history, and sample some of its delicious wines – all on two wheels!
- Explore the beautiful banks and rolling hills along the Danube River in Vienna
- Immerse yourself in the romance of the local wine region and learn about its wine
- Visit the 900 year-old Klosterneuburg Abbey and enjoy a guided tour
- Sample Viennese wines directly from producers in the abbey’s rustic wine cellar
- Discover the scenic Danube Island by e-bike to complete your day
Rich History Tour with delicious wines! Check availability and Pricing here
Vienna: Hop-On Hop-Off Bus Ticket with Wine Tasting ( 1 Day)
A Vienna hop-on hop-off bus ticket with wine tasting is the perfect way to see the city’s most important sights in a short amount of time. With lots of stations to choose from, you can get on or off whenever you please and personalize your tour. Plus, you’ll be able to enjoy the cozy ambiance of a traditional Viennese cellar while tasting three fine Austrian wines. It’s an experience like no other – one that will let you explore Vienna from a unique perspective and leave you with wonderful memories.
- See Vienna’s most important sights in a short time
- Get on or off whenever you want – there are lots of stations to choose from!
- Personalize your tour
- Cozy ambience of the traditional Viennese cellar
- Taste three fine Austrian wines
Sightseeing and Wine Tasting! A perfect combination! Check availability and Pricing here
Premium Tour! Romantic Old Vienna City Walk and Wine Tasting (3 Hours)
Join us on a romantic old Vienna City Walk and Wine Tasting tour to discover the picturesque parts of the city. Our expert guide will take you away from the hustle and bustle of the crowded streets, allowing you to explore Austria’s largest capital city in peace. With Vienna having been named as having the highest quality of living worldwide, this promises to be an unforgettable experience. During your tour, you can also enjoy an exclusive and private tasting of three different wines at a medieval wine cellar! It’s a great way to immerse yourself in Viennese history and culture whilst sampling delicious local wines. Make sure not to miss out on this unique opportunity!
- Discover various scenic parts of the romantic old heart of Vienna
- Be guided away from the crowds in the city with the highest quality of living worldwide
- Enjoy an exclusive and private tasting of 3 different wines at a medieval wine cellar
Exclusive Private Tasting in the Old heart of Vienna. Check availability and Pricing here
Vienna: Private Evening Discovery Tour with Dinner (4 Hours)
Discover Vienna by night and explore the city like a local on an evening discovery tour. See where the locals go for a night out and taste fine Viennese wines as well as an unforgettable cocktail made by one of the city’s top mixologists. Indulge in traditional and delicious local cuisine, as you take in the sights and sounds of Vienna’s vibrant nightlife. This private tour is carbon-neutral, organized and led by an eco-certified tour operator so you can rest easy knowing that your experience is sustainable. Whether you’re visiting Vienna for the first time or have been before, this unique evening tour offers a special way to explore the city after dark!
- Discover Vienna by night with a local guide
- See where locals go for a night out in the city
- Taste fine Viennese wines and the cocktail of a lifetime made by a mixologist
- Dive into local flavors and indulge in traditional and delicious local cuisine
- Join a carbon-neutral tour, organized and led by an eco-certified tour operator
Fine Viennese wines Tour at nighttime. Check availability and Pricing here
Vienna: Full-Day Vienna Woods Wine Tasting Tour (8.5 hours)
Join the Vienna Woods Wine Tasting Tour and experience the beauty of one of Austria’s most famous wine regions! Our dedicated, English-speaking hiking and wine guide will take you on a 9km journey through gorgeous landscapes, giving you 360-degree views over the Vienna Basin (summer tour). Along the way, we’ll visit a local winery to experience extensive and intimate wine tasting. You’ll discover unique, indigenous grape varieties and wines that are only found in this region. Whether you’re an experienced taster or simply curious about local wines, this tour is sure to impress!
- Travel with a dedicated, English-speaking hiking and wine guide
- Visit a local winery and experience an extensive and intimate wine tasting
- Walk 9 km and enjoy 360-degree views over the Vienna Basin (summer tour)
- Discover gorgeous landscapes and unique, indigenous grape varieties and wines
Gorgeous landscapes and intimate wine tasting. Check availability and Pricing here
Premium Tour! Culinary Sightseeing Tour in an Electric Vintage Car (1.5 Hours)
The Vienna Culinary Sightseeing Tour in an Electric Vintage Car is a truly unique experience! Admire the sights of the city from the comfort of a classic electric car and taste the flavors of Vienna with a delicious 3-course meal. Your friendly driver will provide you with interesting facts and stories about the city, its culture, and its past throughout your tour. Enjoy this one-of-a-kind opportunity to explore Vienna in a special way, through food and sightseeing. With this tour, you will be able to enjoy both traditional Viennese cuisine and cultural highlights in one unforgettable experience!
- Admire the sights of Vienna from the comfort of an electric vintage car
- Taste the flavors of Vienna during a delicious 3-course meal
- Learn about the city and its culture from your friendly driver
- Enjoy a truly unique experience
Funny tour with a 3-course meal! Check availability and Pricing here
Premium Tour! Full-Day Kickbike Tour through Wachau Valley (7 hours)
Experience Vienna in an exciting and unique way with a full-day Kickbike Tour through Wachau! This tour will take you on a drive with a high-tech scooter for the whole day, allowing you to explore the beautiful scenery of the region. You will visit Stift Melk and take a short walk through its grounds before continuing your journey to see the old castle ruin Aggstein. To make your adventure even more memorable, participate in a traditional wine tasting and get a taste of Austrian wine. This one-of-a-kind tour is sure to be an unforgettable experience that you won’t soon forget!
- Drive with a high-tech scooter for the whole day
- Visit the beautiful Stift Melk and take a short walkthrough
- See the old castle ruin Aggstein
- Participate in a traditional wine tasting and get a taste of Austrian wine
Culture, Nature, and Wine Tasting! Check availability and Pricing here
From Vienna: Explore the Tastes of Bratislava on a Day Trip (7 hours)
Explore the tastes of Bratislava on a day trip from Vienna! Start your journey by experiencing what it’s like to eat and drink like a local in the capital of Slovakia. Then find out about local wines with a wine tasting in a stylish wine cellar. Sample rich goose pate at the historic Café Stefanka, while you have a traditional Bratislava pastry paired with a hot cup of coffee. Discover local beer customs as you try specialty beers in a local microbrewery. You can also explore the beautiful city’s landmarks and churches and take in its vibrant culture as you savor unique flavors that are sure to delight your taste buds!
- Experience eating and drinking like a local in the capital of Slovakia
- Find out about local wines with a wine tasting in a stylish wine cellar
- Sample rich a goose pate at the historic Café Stefanka
- Have a traditional Bratislava pastry paired with a hot cup of coffee
- Discover local beer customs as you try specialty beers in a local microbrewery
Explore the tastes of Bratislava & Wine Tasting. Check availability and Pricing here
Vienna: Street Food and Craft Beer Small Group (2.5 hours)
Tasting Tour If you’re looking for a unique way to explore Vienna, consider taking the Vienna: Street Food and Craft Beer Small-Group Tasting Tour. Not only will you get to taste a range of delicious local food and drinks, but you’ll also get off the beaten path to discover Vienna’s hidden corners and street art passageways. With an expert guide at your side, you’ll learn all about the Viennese lifestyle – from its culture to its cuisine – plus, it’s a great way to meet new people! Whether you’re a foodie or beer enthusiast, this tour is sure to be an unforgettable experience.
- Taste a range of delicious local food and drinks
- Go off the beaten path to discover Vienna’s hidden corners and street art passageways
- Learn all about the Viennese lifestyle from your expert guide
Street Food Tours with Expert Guide: Check availability and Pricing here
Sweet Vienna Tour: Home of Cakes and Café Culture (2 hours)
The Sweet Vienna Tour is a unique experience for all those looking to explore the city’s rich coffeehouse culture. On this tour, visitors can learn about the history and etiquette of Viennese coffeehouses, as well as see some of the most beautiful and prominent ones. Furthermore, you will get to hear stories about the origins of delicious pastries and tips for the best confectioneries in town. Of course, you’ll also learn the difference between the “original” and the “real” Sachertorte (Sacher Cake). Finally, you will be entertained by funny anecdotes and exciting stories from your local guide – making this a truly memorable experience!
- Learn about the history behind the Viennese coffee culture
- See the most prominent and beautiful coffeehouses in Vienna
- Get to know the etiquette and characteristics of a Viennese coffeehouse
- Listen in as the origin stories of delicious pastries are revealed
- Get tips for the best confectioneries in the city
- Learn the difference between the “original” and the “real” Sachertorte (Sacher Cake)
- Hear funny and exciting anecdotes and stories
Learn Viennese Coffee house culture: Check availability and Pricing here
Why couples should consider wine tasting tours in Vienna?
Vienna is an amazing city to visit for couples, and one of the most romantic activities you can do together is a wine tasting tour. Not only will you learn about the history of Austrian winemaking, but you’ll also sample some of the finest wines from this region. Wine tasting tours in Vienna provide a unique opportunity to explore the culture and cuisine of Austria in a way that many other cities cannot match. With so many vineyards located in and around Vienna, couples will be able to taste wines from all over Europe, as well as some local favorites. Additionally, there are often special offers available on tours which include food tastings or visits to traditional Austrian wineries. With so much to do and see while tasting delicious wines, this is the perfect way for couples to spend quality time together while discovering something new and exciting at the same time!
Summary of Vienna’s top wine tasting experiences
Vienna is a great destination for couples to explore and sample some of the finest wines around. 20 Best Wine Tasting in Vienna for Couples 2023 offers couples an amazing opportunity to experience the best in Viennese wine tasting. Each event will be hosted by a local wine expert who will take you on a journey through the country’s rich viticulture history, as well as share their expertise about Austrian wines. The tastings will include a variety of reds, whites, and sparkling wines from different regions around Vienna. Couples can also expect to learn about food pairings and tips on how to choose the best bottles for any occasion. With its charming architecture, historic vineyards, and welcoming locals, Vienna is sure to be an unforgettable wine-tasting experience for couples in 2023.