Last Updated on November 23, 2022 by gregor
There are plenty of ways to experience the best of Vienna’s Christmas scene, but one of the most fun and delicious ways is to go on a Christmas tour. From exploring the city’s many Christmas markets to indulging in some of its famous Christmas food, here are the Best Christmas market tours in Vienna.
Best Christmas Market Tours in Vienna, you can miss out
- Feel the festive cheer all around you as you explore Vienna’s Christmas Markets
- Taste delicious hot punch with extra rum and a traditional Christmas treat
- Hear about Vienna’s Christmas traditions and culture from your tour guide
- Immerse yourself in the hustle and bustle of 4 Christmas Markets in Vienna
- Head off the beaten track to discover Vienna’s hidden gems and lively districts
- Get into the Christmas spirit as you wander around Vienna’s city center
- Marvel at the twinkling lights and intricate decorations that line the streets
- Visit 4 unique Christmas markets and explore what each one has to offer
- Sip a glass of homemade punch, with or without rum, provided by your guide
- Savor a delicious snack of roasted chestnuts and homemade Christmas cookies
Vienna Christmas Markets Tour
Get into the festive spirit of Christmas on a walking tour of some of Vienna’s traditional Christmas markets and see holiday decorations and handicrafts that reflect the season. Warm yourself up with some hot punch and delicious food at the stands.
Vienna Christmas Markets Guided Walking Tour with Snacks
Join a local guide on a walking tour of Vienna and explore some of the city’s magical Christmas markets. See the most important sights in the city center and enjoy homemade Christmas cookies and punch.
Vienna: Magical Christmas Markets and Old Town Tour
Live an authentic Christmas with a walking tour around the main sights in the historic center of Vienna. Visit the famous Christmas markets and taste the exquisite seasonal gastronomic offerings.
- Experience traditional Austrian Christmas markets with an expert guide
- Live an authentic Christmas in the city’s charming Old Town
- Discover a wide variety of Austrian traditions, customs, and delicacies
Other Recommended Food Tours in Vienna
Vienna: Food, Coffee, and Market Discovery Tour
Get an introduction to the dynamic food and drink scene of Vienna on a walking tour with a local. Discover the best places for food, visit trendy neighborhoods and browse the legendary markets.
- Browse one of Europe’s most famous markets before heading to an off-the-beaten-track Viennese market
- Snack on sweet and savory local foods from street stalls, markets, and trendy cafés
- Learn about Vienna’s famed coffee culture and learn where locals go for the best coffee in the city
- Join a carbon-neutral tour, organized and led by an eco-certified tour operator
Vienna: Guided Viennese Coffee-House Tour
No visit to Vienna would be complete without indulging in some of its famous coffeehouse cultures. This tour takes you to some of the city’s most popular coffeehouses, where you can learn about the history and culture behind this important part of Vienna’s identity.
Experience Viennese coffee-house culture. In a cozy and comfortable environment, you’ll learn the art of coffee making from roasting the beans to different serving options.
- Enjoy the special Viennese coffee-house culture
- Watch a barista perform latte art
- Sit in cozy establishments
Vienna: Strudel Show with Tasting at Schönbrunn Palace
The Café Residenz in Vienna offers an impressive Strudel Show in its court bakery. You can watch traditional Viennese apple strudel being made, and enjoy a warm, freshly baked piece of the popular delicacy at the end of the show.
- Visit Schönbrunn Palace in Vienna
- See how the original Viennese apple strudel is prepared. Taste a warm piece of strudel
- Take the recipe home with you to try baking yourself an apple strudel.
Vienna: City Sightseeing Tour in an Electro Vintage Car
Make your stay in Vienna even more special and discover the city with an originally rebuilt electro-oldtimer for up to 5 people and hear stories from your private driver. Choose to pimp your ride with a bottle of typical Austrian Sparkling Wine.
- Discover the sights of Vienna
- Hear unknown secret stories from your private driver
- Pimp your ride with a bottle of typical Austrian Sparkling Wine
- Enjoy an emission-free, clean, and quiet ride
Vienna: Naschmarkt Food Tasting Tour
Participate in a gourmet tour at the Viennese Naschmarkt food market and learn all about facts and delicacies. Immerse yourself in the bustle of the market and be transported to the intriguing world of various tastes.
- Explore Vienna’s Naschmarkt
- Taste delicious food
- Learn more about Vienna’s culinary highlights
- Relax and enjoy your guided tour
Vienna 4-Hour Food Tour
Explore Austrian food culture by joining this 4-hour guided food tour. Visit a coffee house, a traditional market, a bakery, and an artisan chocolate shop. Enjoy tastings of cheese, sausages, wine, and many other Austrian delicacies.
- Start the day at a traditional Viennese coffee house
- Visit the popular Naschmarkt to sample a variety of Austrian products
- Eat and drink like a local on a guided walk through Vienna
Vienna: Private Evening Discovery Tour with Dinner
Discover the heart of Austria by night on an evening itinerary. Look through the city’s trendiest neighborhoods, enjoy a few drinks, sample some Viennese cuisine, and have coffee as delightful as you want.
- Discover Vienna by night with a local guide
- See where locals go for a night out in the city
- Taste fine Viennese wines and the cocktail of a lifetime made by a mixologist
- Dive into local flavors and indulge in traditional and delicious local cuisine
- Join a carbon-neutral tour, organized and led by an eco-certified tour operator
Vienna – Hidden Wine Cellars Tasting Experience
Discover Viennese wine and hidden cellars in the city center on this guided walking tour in a small and private group. Experience several unique wine tastings, some of which take place in secret cellars.
- Join a guided tour of Vienna and enjoy tasting 3 local wines of the area
- Gain access to historic, hidden, and non-public wine cellars of the city
- Try the authentic local delicacies of Vienna at almost every stop
- Learn about the history of Viennese wine while exploring the cellars
- Discover the underground of Vienna with a small group
Vienna: Chocolatier Workshop with Chocolate Tastings
Visit the best chocolate museum and workshop in Vienna. Decorate chocolate, sample delicious treats, and figure out how to best eat chocolate.
- Make 3 unique chocolate bars garnished with various decorations
- Use a professional chocolate tempering machine and feel like a pro
- Taste the original “Xocolate” drinking chocolate as created by the Aztecs
- Visit the interactive chocolate museum to learn about the origins of cacao
Vienna: Schönbrunn Palace Evening Tour, Dinner, and Concert
Enjoy a romantic evening at the Schönbrunn Palace: an after-hours tour of the Palace, dinner in a selected restaurant, and a classical music concert featuring Mozart and Strauss in the Orangery.
- Step into the emperor’s shoes on a visit to Schönbrunn Palace after closing time
- Enjoy a delicious 3-course dinner at a restaurant in the Schönbrunn area
- Experience an enchanting concert in the unique setting of the Orangerie Schönbrunn
- Hear some of Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart’s most beautiful overtures, arias, and duets
- Be swept away by the voices of the 2 opera singers who accompany the orchestra
Vienna: Traditional Dinner Show at the Wiener Rathauskeller
Experience the Austrian Dinner Show and enjoy the best regional delicacies along with popular melodies in the vaults of the famous Vienna City Hall.
- Discover Vienna’s musical heart and be enchanted by the best-known operettas of the country
- Listen to the “Zillertal Wedding March“ and the best-known pieces of composers like Johann Strauß, Robert Stolz and Franz Lehar
- Enjoy an impressive show and a delicious 3-course menu made of regional specialties
Vienna: Mozart Concert in the Golden Hall with Dinner
Experience a perfect evening in Vienna with a Mozart concert and dinner. Be enchanted by the most wonderful pieces by the great composer and enjoy a delicious 3-course meal at the Bristol restaurant before the concert.
- Marvel at the talent of international opera singers and soloists
- Listen to overtures, arias, and duets from Mozart’s most famous operas
- Admire the extravagant Baroque costumes and wigs
- Listen to the popular Blue Danube and the Radetzky March by Johann Strauss
- Enjoy a delicious 3-course meal before the concert
Vienna: Culinary Horse-Drawn Carriage Experience
Enjoy typical drinks and/or delicacies of Viennese cuisine on a horse-drawn carriage ride. Allow yourself to be enchanted by the city center of Vienna, including its numerous fascinating sights.
- Enjoy typical Austrian delicacies and local Viennese cuisine
- Hear unknown secrets and stories from your private driver and butler
- Discover the sights of Vienna on a peaceful and emission-free ride
- Feel like royalty as you enjoy a meal on a horse-drawn carriage ride
Pub Crawl Tour
A pub crawl is a great way to meet other travelers while experiencing the local nightlife in Vienna. Everything from beer to wine to cocktails will be served on this tour of some of Vienna’s most popular bars.
- Join an international group of friendly, fun people for an exciting night out
- Visit some of the best-known pubs and lounges in Vienna
- Enjoy free drinks and party games, and end the night at a club
In conclusion, the Best Christmas tours in Vienna offer something for everyone.
Advantages of Booking Tours and Activities Online
- best prices
- native language websites
- opportunity to choose the best option
- the convenience of having everything on your phone
- special communication and deals
- cancellations and refunds are easy to solve
- real reviews of a product
- saving time
- personal recommendations
Why You Should Listen to Me? About me
The Vienna Blog is a project of the heart; I live and work in the City Center of Vienna and my mission is to provide those who plan to visit Vienna providing the best advice and tips on how to have a memorable stay.
When writing my articles, I use my own knowledge of the local area and travels, including visits to practically all the exhibits, events, or locations.
I am very confident to give you the best Vienna travel tips and will help you avoid some unpleasant disasters.